New Innovation offers access to robust and reliable pathogen inactivation to users of other PI systems for platelets.
How can the INTERCEPT Triple Storage processing set provide access to unique benefits when you perform pathogen inactivation on buffy coat platelets?
- By enabling the treatment of 2 or 3 buffy coat-derived platelet units with 1 INTERCEPT procedure through the new innovative concept of pool-of-pools.
- By enabling the pathogen inactivation of multiple buffy coat platelet doses at once, regardless of platelet dose requirements or buffy coat production method (manual or semi-automated).
- By enabling the pathogen inactivation of 2 buffy coat-derived platelet units with 1 INTERCEPT procedure if platelet dose requirement are >2.5x1011.
- By enabling the pathogen inactivation of 3 buffy coat-derived platelet units with 1 INTERCEPT procedure if platelet dose requirement are ≤2.5x1011.
- By enabling savings on hands-on time and pathogen inactivation disposables as 50 to 66 % less INTERCEPT procedures are required to pathogen inactivate the same amount of buffy-coat derived platelet units.
- By reducing the number of buffy-coat procedures and disposables by 33 % through the increase of buffy-coat pool-size from 4 to 6 and pathogen inactivation of 2 buffy coat derived platelet units with 1 INTERCEPT procedures when platelet dose requirement are ≤2.5x1011.
How can the INTERCEPT Triple Storage processing set provide access to unique benefits when you perform pathogen inactivation on apheresis platelets?
- By allowing treatment of single donor platelets with platelet content >6,75x1011(*) with 1 INTERCEPT procedure.
- By reinitiating apheresis collections with target platelet content >6,75x1011(*) and reducing as such the required number of apheresis procedures, apheresis disposables, apheresis donors and INTERCEPT procedures to produce the same amount of pathogen inactivated apheresis platelets.
- By enabling savings on production time and hands-on time as fewer INTERCEPT-procedures are required to produce the same amount of apheresis platelet doses.
- By eliminating the potential contamination risk inherent with sterile docking of additional platelet storage bag or platelet additive solution as 3 platelet storage bags are integrated in the Triple Storage processing set and platelet additive solution is added before pathogen inactivation is performed.